Tyrolean tradition and craftsmanship meet internationality and modern classical.
We took over the Almgasthof Huber in Achenkirch, which had been in existence for generations, under this motto and transformed it into an elegant boutique hotel. While renovating the entire hotel, we took care to instil a high level of comfort, cosiness and attractive design in the premises without altogether eliminating the Tyrolean flair. The dignified elegance of the new furnishings is combined with Tyrolean stylistic elements, where the contrast between originality and exclusivity provides for especially exciting accents.
The FAR-Hotel Fischer is equipped with all the amenities that you would expect from a premium boutique hotel: sixteen completely renovated and comfortable rooms, a stylish restaurant, the cosy "FAR-Stüberl" lounge, a spacious sunny terrace, our very own seminar room and a large parking area directly outside.
Achenkirch is situated at the northern tip of Lake Achen, nestled between the Rofan and Karwendel mountain ranges. The vast area surrounding the "Fjord of the Alps", as Lake Achen is affectionately known, has an almost swanky look and feel, while preserving its sense of community and rural life at the same time. The "Village life" heading on the home page of the municipality has nothing more thrilling to offer than the order of worship of the Catholic parish and a dialect poem, praising the beauty of the homeland.
And that is true: Who could argue that it is not simply delightful and deeply satisfying to just stroll or hike along Lake Achen, glide across the lake in anachronistic leisureliness with a ship or sleekly with a sailing boat and take ski turns on the sun-drenched Christlum-Hochalm?
And since Tyroleans are virtually born with skis on their legs in one respect, but also love water and moreover carry the yearning for flying like most people in another respect, Achenkirch is one of only three places in Tyrol that has established a very in-demand trend sport: snow-kiting.
10 REASONS FOR A PERFECT HOLIDAY
1. Active & relaxing holiday the whole year round – every season has its own charm
2. Unique location by Lake Achen – unique panoramic backdrop of the Tyrolean mountains
3. Italian hospitality – friendly and attentive service from your hosts
4. Fulfilment of your wishes – we will fulfil your wishes as best as we can, both spontaneously and creatively
5. Spacious and inviting feel-good rooms – typical alpine charm with a touch of elegance
6. Culinary variety – International dishes & Italian delicacies
7. For the little ones – we have a big heart for children
8. Experience-packed nature & region – in the midst of the Karwendel Nature Park
9. AchenseeCard: unlimited leisure fun in both summer and winter
10. Easy to reach by car, train and plane